Monday, November 12, 2012

Kape 001: Mother-Daughter Bonding


Ho ho ho! It's that time of the year again when people flock to any Starbucks branch sprawled all over the country because the race is on for the upcoming year's planner. That is my assumption, of course, but I'm not sure if customers do really double in number during the holiday season because of this promo. Being the OC I am and planners as an integral part of my daily life since high school, I go and google how the 2013 Starbucks Planner look like on the outside and most importantly, on the inside.


While searching, I came across this article which left me with an unbelievable "WOW" reaction afterwards. Read about the first woman to claim the planner after less than a day. She drank 17 cups of coffee in one day just to claim that title which I'm not sure I'd be proud of. Talk about being competitive and super duper caffeine overdose. 
Then an idea popped! Since I've been collecting Starbucks planners since 2005 and would often regret afterwards the amount it cost me, why not put some meaning into each cup I'd be drinking as I make my way towards completing my sticker cards? 

The front message of the sticker card says, "Rekindle the Joy". Hence, I'll rekindle the joy while I collect these 17 memorable stickers.   


So here goes my first 2 stickers: a coffee date with Mom on  a Sunday night :)

What: 1 grande toffee nut (hot), 1 tall caffe latte (hot)
When: November 11, 2012 (Sunday)
Where: Starbucks Panay Avenue
With whom: Mommy


I initially planned this to be a me-time activity (Sundays are me-time days), but when I casually asked Mom after she came home from a day at work (yes, she's out doing fieldwork on a Sunday) if she wanted to join me for coffee, she agreed right away. So off we went to the nearest Starbucks from the house.
This wasn't my first time to have coffee with Mommy, but tonight confirmed to me once again that I actually got my being a neat freak from my dearest Mom. She emptied out all the contents of her bag onto the table and carefully sorted through the receipts and papers. She arranged her stuff back into her bag neat and orderly. She then proceeded to make her to-do list for the next day. Everything she did was just soo, soo me. What an enjoyable sight to behold watching my Mom do all of those things. 

She brought some new flyers of Bittersweet in her bag. I was surprised that my Mom had so much courage to approach selected girl customers inside the store to give out flyers. How sweet and supportive of Mommy! I was at first hesitant of Mom giving away flyers inside the store since I myself don't like receiving it if I were the customer. But I could see how Mom was happy doing it for me, and how the customers reacted positively towards Mom. She was even giggling when she heard some girls discussing about waxing because of the flyers. At that very moment, I admired and loved my Mom even more for such selfless act. 

I'm almost done with the book I was reading but then I often caught Mom shutting her eyes because of lack of sleep for the past 2 days. So we just stayed there for an hour and a half, and then we went back home.

My take-home joyful moment: 
the overwhelming love and support of a mother

"Mama" by Spice Girls

Photo & Video Credits:
http://moneylifeblood.blogspot.com/2012/11/starbucks-planner-2013-cost-of-getting.html
http://www.blueberry010.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNbhwSXDB8

No comments:

Post a Comment