Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Kape 002. Of Dreams and Loved Ones

I never imagined how things would go among us High School friends after this challenging year, 2012. Right now, my mind is just about to burst with so much ideas waiting to be finally written down, just in time for my year-end blog post. Cos 2012 is actually my year of very, very tough choices and decisions.

But anyway, going back to the topic of High School friends. Yea, we kinda drifted apart during the middle of this year. Long story but I don't want to go back to those dark days. Thought it's going to be finally over. But I'm just thankful that we're slowly getting back to where we left off. I texted Aileen and asked her if she'll be free anytime this week to have coffee and talk. Gladly, she obliged to meet me that same night. So, here goes my 2nd sticker.

What: 1 venti Dark Mocha Frappuccino (for me)
1 venti Mocha Frappuccino (for Aileen)
When: November 13, 2012 (Monday)
Where: Starbucks Timog-Imperial Suites
With whom: Jarl and Aileen 

Just when I've started to take baby steps in carving out my own future, God sends another test of faith. This time, it's my ultimate dream. Something which I've always set my eyes on since 7 years ago. But it's a dream of going to a distant land alone.

I've said to myself, this is it. I just have to grab it while it's there. But something in my heart tells me to just let it pass and let it go. I ask God, "Why now? It could've come at a more opportune time when I needed it." But it came at a time when I've already invested a lot in terms of time, energy and resources to build something, and at a time when the cost of chasing after my dream means having to choose between that and my loved ones.

I'd like to believe that my 2nd cup of coffee is an answered prayer. My friend summed up perfectly with the words, "Wouldn't it be happier if you live out your dreams together with the people you love the most? Fulfilling your dreams would have more meaning if you walk through the journey of getting there together." I take it from my best friend who experienced her father's passing away this year. I know the feeling of being the one left behind. I'm a daughter of an absentee father since I was born. And I also know the feeling of regret over lost time. So that statement shouldn't come as new.

More than my dilemma, we spent the time also to catch up on what has happened during the past months. She made use of the remaining hours left to study and go over her Med book while I read through the last few pages left of Paulo Coelho's Aleph.

Aileen's one of the few friends I rarely get to spend time with because of her busy schedule in Med. But every single time that we have the chance to meet and talk is something that's well-spent.


I remember a friend of mine who recounted his experience of leaving his dream in the Academy in exchange for love. Thought it was too illogical and absurd at the time he was sharing it to me. Now, I understand where he's coming from. 

Of dreams and loved ones.... 
time would come when you'd both merge into one but 
a certain time would come first in your life when you'd have to choose one. 

2012, you're really a year of choices.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks sis! Til next coffee date :) Text me if you'll be out studying again. Makikijoin ako. Hehe :p

    ReplyDelete