Monday, November 12, 2012

KKK Diaries: Kape

Hello there! Got myself a new blog again (for the nth time). But this time, I'd like to cover as much thoughts, stories and reflections as I could about my daily existence. And I'm summing it up with Kape - Kwento - Kultura -- basically, things which give color and meaning to my life.

I'll explain the first K for this post.

COFFEE = KAPE

KAPE. 'Kape' is the Tagalog word for coffee. I am not really much a fan of coffee. One big reason is that I get palpitations after downing a cup - whether hot, over ice or ice blended. And I can survive a day without caffeine intake. But I've developed this special inkling towards coffee because of its emotional and social relevance.

Ever since I started me-time as a regular habit, I just find it more comfortable to spend it inside a coffee shop. Coffee shops (if you just know where to find a good spot despite the noise around) are good mood-setters for me - the wooden and rustic ambience, the smell of roasted coffee, the natural yellowish lighting, the Bossa Nova or jazz music all add up to that experience. Just give me a good book, a magazine, an iPod, a notebook and I'm good to go with my me-time. Otherwise, I can actually head to the nearest cafe, sit there with nothing to bring, just people-watching while sipping from time to time. You'll be amazed with it, I promise.

More importantly, a big part on how I foster relationships with people is through coffee. My way of strengthening social bonds is through coffee dates. Before, coffee shops are meant for business meetings and formal whatnots. But now, the coffee experience has taken on a huge social revolution. Well, aside from stories shared during drinking sessions, a big bundle of memories now among young people are made over coffee. I got to know my boyfriend more because of our frequent coffee dates on our 1st year (until now actually). I talk, cry or laugh my heart out with friends over ice blended frappuccinos. Or if ever we run out of stories, we can people-watch as a group and come up with interesting thought bubbles for each person we fix our eyes on. I couldn't answer when this whole social side of coffee started, but I am just grateful that being part of this keeps my sanity in check.

So friends, sit back and enjoy as you read on how my life will unfold :)

Love,
KKK Girl

Photo Credits:
http://creattica.com/logos/coffee-cup/19933

No comments:

Post a Comment